5 x 11" Graphite on paper - final rendering was done on the computer. I hope to have the film finished by tomorrow. It will be for one of my 'Letters to a Young Artist' series. All proceeds will be donated to Oceana.org
This particular piece was a real finicky one - I had issues with the graphite burnishing and tried a brand new approach by adding a solvent - in my case, rubbing alcohol, based on something I recently learned from graphite artist Jono Dry.
I just started working with graphite last year and, unlike pen and ink, I feel no sense of mastery over the medium which leads to some feelings of insecurity about the finished pieces.
While I was working I auditioned a ton of music for the final film - I'm still not sure what I'll use and probably won't know until I finish the film.
Until next time ...